Saturday, July 21, 2007

Distance... to a West Malaysian

Okay, this is gonna be one of those "bash them West Malaysians" entry so those of you who can't stomach it, you have been warned!

Whenever someone ask me where I'm from, I usually ask them to guess, giving them the hint that it's very far.

I did this again last week, and this guy just started guessing: Kedah?

I told him it was further.

His next guesses were: "Perlis? Kelantan?"

Then I said even further.

Of all places, he answered Johor (is Johor further from KL than Perlis really?).

Only when I said the furthest state from here (KL) did he finally answer: "Sabah?"

Sah lah. Sabah (and Sarawak) are the forgotten states of Malaysia.

OH... and this friend of mine from Johor was so defensive that day when he read that helicopters were needed for General Election at his state, which kinda lumped it up together with Sabah and Sarawak.

Sheesh man... what's wrong with being put in the same league as Sabah and Sarawak? You should feel honoured, friend.

No comments: